6 Days Umbwe Route (Hardest trail)
₹ 1,01,400 /-
Price Per Adult Twin Sharing Basis
6 Days Umbwe Route (Hardest Trail)
* Meet and greet services
* Assistance at the airport
* Mountain guide and porters
* Transfers as specified
* All accommodation and meals on the mountain
* All park fees, hut/camp fees and rescue fees
* Government taxes
* International flights
* Airport tax (pay direct)
* Driver guide, mountain guide and porters gratuities
* Climbing gear – if required can be hired locally
* Drinks, dining rooms tips, porterage, personal travel and baggage insurance
* Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
Day 1 – Pick up at Kilimanjaro Airport
* Pick up at Kilimanjaro Airport, the final location of a previous building block or other location. Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Arusha or Moshi.
Day 2 – Umbwe Gate to Umbwe Cave
* Umbwe gate to Umbwe cave, from the 2,100m the path begins. Keep to the narrow ridge crest between the Lonzo River on the West and the Umbwe River on the east. It is very easy to follow as it continues up through the dense forest. The path continues to follow the ridge, rising steadily with some steep sections and scramble rocks. The route takes you to the fast camp Umbwe cave.(Bivouac I at 2,940m) in 4-6hrs
Day 3 – Umbwe Cave to Barranco
* Umbwe cave to Barranco, keep ascent through steep and scramble rock across rain forest to moorland, which may take 4-5hrs to reach Bivouac II at 3,780m. After 1hr walk you will reach to 3,900m and you will see the end of tree line. The path proceed cairn to the southern glacier branches right contouring into Baranco situated at 4,000m, 2hrs from Bivouc II
Day 4 – Barranco Acclimatization
* Barranco acclimatization, this is a good place to rest a day to acclimatize. You may spend your day at camp and snooze in the sun all day. If you are feeling fit you may walk to high altitude and come down to relax in low altitude this will help you to get acclimatized.
Day 5 – Barranco to Arrow Glacier
* Barranco to Arrow glacier, the route to the Western Breach from the tree lines and then continues up to Umbwe ridge, which becomes the Western. Lateral Moraine of the peak and the routes goes straight towards the Western Breach and then reach to the Arrow glacier, which is situated at 4,800m.
Day 6 – Barafu | Mweka hut
* To ascent to the summit on this day you may involve between 10½ or 14½hrs. Usually you start this day’s walking early in the morning for the idea to see sun rise and also to avoid the mist, screen and snow on the ascent will still be frozen. So after 3km walk and 6-8hrs in 110m of ascent you will reach the top and descent through Barafu in 2,800m for 4-7hrs of walking in 12km, you will reach the Mweka hut.